Are Implants Right for Me?
While most tooth loss occurs as one gets older, implant dentistry can be appropriate for the replacement of a missing tooth or teeth at any age. Dental implants are typically used in the following situations:
- Replacement of one or more missing teeth.
- Support of a non-removable “bridge” to replace multiple teeth.
- Support of removable full or partial dentures.
In fact, although there are some situations in which dental implants should not be used, even individuals with the following health concerns can be candidates for implant dentistry:
- Bone Loss. The loss of bone tissue is common for individuals with missing teeth or periodontal disease. However, if the loss is not too severe, dental implants can still successfully attach permanently to the remaining bone. In more extreme cases, bone grafting may be considered to provide enough support for the dental implant restoration.
- Existing Dental Work, such as dentures. Implant dentistry can replace removable bridges and can also be used to stabilize dentures, making them more comfortable. Patients who receive implant supported dentures find that they problems they have encountered with traditional dentures, such as slipping, discomfort, food restrictions, and speech are no longer issues with their implant supported dentures.
- Existing Medical Conditions. Although chronic diseases like diabetes or high blood pressure may require extra precautions, if you can have routine dental treatment, you can generally have a dental implant procedure.
- Gum Disease. Even in cases where teeth have been lost to periodontal disease, implant dentistry has proven successful as a replacement.
- Smoking. Simply put, smoking lowers the success rate of implant dentistry. A consultation with dental implant specialist Dr. Hecht in the Staten Island, New York City, area will determine whether a smoker might still be a viable candidate for implant dentistry.
Sedation Dentistry for a Fear-Free Dental Implant Procedure
For those that have anxiety about going to the dentist, who are afraid of needles or who hate the sound of drilling, Dr. Hecht can help. His experience with Staten Island sedation dentistry means he can offer a variety of relaxing sedation solutions, including nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation so that the dental implant procedure can be performed without fear or worry.
Financing is Available
At Staten Island Dental Care, we want to make sure that financial concerns don’t postpone or prevent you from receiving the vital dental care you need, such as a dental implant procedure. That’s why we offer treatment financing through Care Credit. They offer a variety of financing options for amounts from $500 to $25,000, including 0% financing for qualified applicants.
Contact our Staten Island implant dentistry office today for a consultation to learn if you are a candidate for implant dentistry, including implant supported dentures. You can also learn how sedation dentistry can take the fear out of the dental implant procedures. Simply call us at the number above or fill out the form on this page.
Internet Marketing by ProspectaMarketing